Sounds Around The World is the only arts-integrated geography game that combines the universal love of music with the thrill of team competition. Utilizing 21st century thinking in an exciting, collaborative-learning format, Sounds Around the World helps students to better understand their world.
Hear What Educators Are Saying.
Our Design - Enhances Your Standards
Methodically designed and tested in the classroom, Sounds Around The World (SAW) has been played by students nationwide, presented at multiple national and state conferences (NCSS, NCGE, TCSS and the MDCSS), piloted in Baltimore City and Howard County, Maryland schools, and is being purchased by school districts nationally.
For your convenience, we have created a correlation chart to illustrate how our protocol enhances your student’s engagement with the Common Core Curriculum. Overall, SAW provides a hands-on, whole-brain game that engages students to think critically, work with others, and explore their world.
Please click on the following links to download each supporting document.
Watch Students React!
“I am pretty bad at geography, so it was interesting to relate [geography to] the music.” - Student
EACH TEACHER'S KIT INCLUDES
(5th grade, Middle & High School Edition)
10 Color-coded maps: laminated and durable
37 World Music Tracks: carefully curated for young ears, our playlist is licensed from Smithsonian Folkways Recordings and ARC Music, unique to specific locations and cultures. (in 60 second excerpts)
16 page teachers guide: a booklet in full color with detailed instructions.
- Music Origins Answer Key
- 111 Geography specific hints
- Geo-Musical World Coloring Map
Each teacher's kit is licensed per school without a term limit.
* Bulk order discount for 10 or more, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org *
Supplemental Materials, Lesson Plans and Tutorials
Once you and your school have purchased a Sounds Around Teacher's Kit, you will have access to the following supporting materials.
- Liner Notes, Lyrics and Song Details: A 37-page in-depth look at each track. Links to the original liner notes and lesson plans.
- Vocabulary List: 250+ terms relevant to the game and geography in general.
- Virtual Excursion #1: Country Exploration Lesson Plan
- Virtual Excursion #2: Culture Exploration Lesson Plan
- Essential Questions: Questions to help spark student's curiosity and sense of wonder.
- Black & White World Coloring Map
If you have any more questions, send me an email: email@example.com
I look forward to hearing form you!
Jason Armstrong Baker MT-BC
Owner - Revolution Rhythm, LLC
Sounds Around The World™ - The Geography Game for the Global Era